We need, on a periodic basis, to sit down with the individuals who report to us and understand what has been happening and develop a plan for the future.
This is the role of the Appraisal and the Performance Review. Handled well you will find them an invaluable tool and aid to your management style. Handled badly and neither you nor the individual will look forward to them. They will become a chore that is resented.
Who Is The Course Aimed At
Any manager who conducts performance appraisals and reviews. This course is also of benefit to employees who will be appraised as it will help them to understand the process and prepare effectively.
At the end of this course, participants will have the ability to:
- Agree specific and measurable goals, objectives and performance standards
- Explain how individuals’ objectives link to the organisational strategy
- Discriminate between poor and acceptable, good and great performance and behaviour
- Monitor performance and give specific, descriptive, motivational praise
- Monitor performance and give specific, descriptive, constructive criticism in a way that motivates the individual or team to improve performance
- Hold regular, documented performance reviews
- Adopt an appropriate management style for each individual and situation
- Tackle poor performance appropriately as soon as it is identified.
Introduction to appraisal interviewing
- Appraisal preparation
- Giving feedback
- Objective setting
- Appraisal structure
- Performance analysis
- Appraisal pitfalls
For further information or to talk through your requirements please contact:
T: 01789 734300