Coaching is an essential activity for effective management. This course will help participants to understand their own coaching and learning styles, and build their awareness of others’ preferences. This course provides the underpinning knowledge to enable participants to grow, motivate and develop their team.
Who Is The Course Aimed At
Any manager or team leader who is seeking to improve the way they coach, motivate and empower their people. Those who wish to develop the competence of their employees whilst at the same time inspiring them to exceed what were perceived to be their personal limitations.
At the end of this course, participants will have the ability to:
- Set clear, consistent expectations and goals
- Give regular, timely and constructive feedback to direct reports against clear standards and expectations
- Assist individuals in identifying their development needs, encouraging individuals to take on new challenges and responsibility
- Deliver descriptive feedback, utilising appropriate coaching frameworks
- Delegate tasks, authority and responsibility appropriately
- Provide motivational praise and recognition for desired behaviours.
- Introduction to coaching
- Barriers to coaching
- Essential questioning skills
- Essential listening skills
- Objective setting
- Giving feedback
- Information acquisition
- Coaching methods
For further information or to talk through your requirements please contact:
T: 01789 734300