Dealing With Difficult People
A key element in the skill set of a modern, professional, employee is the ability to deal with different situations and people.
No person or organisation is perfect. Everyone must at some time deal with difficult people, complaints and problems. The issues may be justified or unfounded, the effect is the same. You may be dealing with internal or external customers, or, most often, a mix of the two.
Who Is The Course Aimed At
All employees at all levels. This course is of specific benefit to new managers and any individual who wants to improve their relationships with others. Customer facing employees will find this course particularly useful.
At the end of this course participants, will have the ability to:
- Anticipate likely resistance and prepare appropriate responses
- Articulate a logical and thorough consideration of all possible consequences and implication of decisions
- Ask questions to understand objections and offer appropriate counter arguments
- Build a strong positive image of their own ability and expertise
- Convey enthusiasm and commitment for their own ideas
- Demonstrate an understanding of other’s needs and views
- Demonstrate consistency of approach, evidence of expertise and delivery on commitments
- Escalate decision making to manager when appropriate
- Involve colleagues appropriately
- Listen to other’s views and respond appropriately
- Present ideas in a constructive way
- Propose and seek win/win solutions
- Reflect on consequences of straightforward options before making a decision.
- Introduction to dealing with difficult people
- Understanding personalities
- Assertiveness techniques
- Enabling behaviours
- Constructive techniques
- Approaches to conflict
- Fallback behaviours