Decision Making And Problem Solving
Change is now an integral part of modern life. If you accept this, then you must identify problems, make decisions and implement them. If you do not face change, then your personal and professional competitors will move forward, and you shall either be dictated to or have to deal with the changes as problems.
This course looks at what is meant by problems and decisions. Improving your decision making and problem solving skills will make you more effective. You'll have more time to focus on what's important and spend less time 'fighting fires'. Your confidence and credibility will increase with your skills.
Who Is The Course Aimed At
All employees who need to make decisions and tackle problems in their work. This course will be of particular benefit to employees who want to make a greater impact in their organisation.
At the end of this course, participants will have the ability to:
- Identify and act upon trends in information
- Separate the facts from conjecture in any situation
- Check facts before reaching conclusions
- Utilise appropriate business modelling to arrive at conclusions
- Adapt frameworks and methodologies to tackle new situations
- Use both practical and theoretic models when formulating ideas and solutions
- Present ideas that stand up to informed challenge
- Reflect on consequences of straightforward options before making a decision
- Make decisions on routine activities within their own area of accountability
- Make sound choices within their own area of expertise and influence
- Take decisions within appropriate timeframes
- Explain rationale behind their own decisions with confidence
- Articulate the assumptions behind decisions
- Apply a range of decision making techniques
- Involve colleagues appropriately.
- Introduction to decision making and problem solving
- Barriers to effective decision making and problem solving
- Types of decisions and problems
- Objective setting
- Essential questioning skills
- Questioning for problem solving
- Generating creative solutions
- Evaluating options and making decisions