Your letters are the ambassadors of your organisation. Many people will never meet you, but they will form an impression based on your correspondence. Commercial pressures and written communication continually increase. You must compete for the reader’s attention. The skill of the writer must meet these challenges.
Who Is The Course Aimed At
All employees who write letters on behalf of their organisations, or who would like to increase their influencing skills through improved written communication.
At the end of this course, participants will have the ability to:
- Build a strong positive image of their own ability and expertise
- Convey enthusiasm and commitment for their own ideas
- Demonstrate consistency of approach, evidence of expertise and delivery on commitments
- Present ideas in a constructive way
- Present ideas that stand up to informed challenge
- Research requirements of others and tailors presentation to those needs
- Use a logical structure to present their own views.
- Introduction to Letter Writing
- Essential writing skills
- Structuring letters
- Interest and readability
- Increasing understanding
- Handling complaint and bad news letters