Increasing your understanding of motivation will increase your understanding of yourself and your team. Learning about how to apply motivational techniques will help you to create a happy, more stable and more effective team.
Who Is The Course Aimed At
All managers. This course is of specific benefit to new managers and those who are taking over an increasing amount of people management.
At the end of this course, participants will have the ability to:
- Explain how individuals’ objectives link to the organisational strategy
- Monitor performance and give specific, descriptive, motivational praise
- Monitor performance and give specific, descriptive, constructive criticism in a way that motivates the individual or team to improve performance
- Set clear, consistent expectations and goals
- Articulate own goals and performance indicators
- Agree specific and measurable goals, objectives and performance standards
- Adopt an appropriate management style for each individual and situation
- Allocate tasks and responsibilities appropriately taking individual capabilities and workload into consideration
- Tackle poor performance appropriately as soon as it is identified
- Work with individuals and teams to identify strategies for improving performance.
- Introduction to motivation
- A brief history of motivation
- Understanding motivational needs
- Utilising motivation skills
- Objective setting
- Motivational blocks and demotivation