The telephone remains an essential part of communication. Commerce can not operate without the telephone. We are in a world where just about anything that can be done via the telephone - is done via the telephone.
It is often the first impression a customer will get of your organisation. Your ability to give the right impression will therefore depend on your telephone skills.
Who Is The Course Aimed At
All employees who speak to customers, or potential customers, on the telephone.
At the end of this course, participants will have the ability to:
- Articulate poorly expressed meanings where appropriate to check understanding
- Make time available to listen to direct reports and peers
- Articulate the difference between simple question types
- Listen and pick up on clear content of others’ messages
- Listen to other’s views and respond appropriately
- Reflect back what is said to check understanding
- Select an appropriate question type for each situation
- Structure conversations using questions
- Summarise discussions to check understanding
- Take account of the needs of others before responding.
- Introduction to telephone communication
- What customers want
- The incoming call
- Telephone style
- Essential questioning skills
- Essential listening skills