Is coaching on your list of priorities? If it isn’t, it should be. An effective coaching framework, supported by a conducive culture, can dramatically improve performance, morale and skills dissemination.
Embedding widespread coaching sounds a simple objective, but for many organisations it proves very difficult to achieve. Why? Because many organisations see coaching as the latest ‘quick-fix’ fad that fails to be sustainable in the long-term.
That’s where Total Coaching™ comes in. An approach that not only looks at coaching from the point of view of the interactions between coach and coachee, but also from the critical perspective of the organisational coaching context.
Total Coaching™ embeds and disseminates real learning because it creates linkage between and knowledge of:
- What it is that organisations have to do to be the best?
- What are the skills that organisations need from their people in order to be the best?
Total Coaching™ creates a process for capturing and implementing best practice, supported by a competency framework that gives clarity around role and personal development. Total Coaching™ will also show how three organisational context issues need to be understood to get the most from a coaching programme:
- Management Style
If the management style is one of command and control, a teacher-pupil relationship, coaching struggles to move beyond the classroom.
- Organisational Maturity
For an organisation purely focused on outputs, coaching will be viewed as another transactional activity, rather than an organisationally instinctive process.
- Learning Organisation
By definition, coaching is a closed loop feedback model. Coaching will only be of value if the learning feedback changes behaviour.
These three areas are all highly interconnected. A weakness in one area tends to be reflected as a weakness in another, which explains why many organisations cannot escape the vicious circle of trying to embed coaching through a series of skills-based coaching training courses one after another. What Total Coaching™ creates is a virtuous spiral of a coaching mentality driving learning opportunities that produce best practice, which is reinforced and developed through further coaching.
By addressing the organisational context where the coaching happens, as well as the required upskilling, Total Coaching™ can achieve:
- A more motivated and empowered workforce.
- Clarity and transparency around how managers add value in their role and greater job satisfaction as people feel more in control of their learning and development.
- A more consciously competent organisation which makes the development of best practice much more achievable.
- Improved learning velocity (people learn more, quickly) and reduced learning attrition (people remember more and use what they have learnt for longer periods).
To see how coaching could help the development of your team or to talk through your requirements, including tailoring this course to suit your exact needs, please contact:
T: 01789 734300