Winning Business By Telephone
This telephone selling skills course uses role play to develop the self confidence, skills and belief required to pro-actively sell products or services over the telephone. It will develop an understanding of the sales process, how to deal with objections and then gaining commitment to buy from the customer. Participants will leave the course with greater confidence, ready to enthusiastically tackle selling on the telephone.
Who Should Attend
People who need to develop their sales skills on the telephone, build better relationships with customers and more effectively promote products or services by telephone. This course will also prove useful to experienced salespeople who wish to improve their in-bound call handling and increase their confidence on the telephone.
After attending this course, participants will have the ability to:
- Transmit to the customer a feeling of interest and attentiveness
- Be confident when dealing with price and delivery enquiries
- Build rapport with customers, so the customers stay engaged with you and your business
- Keep control of the conversation
- Make and take effective sales calls
- Tackle cold calling without fear!
- Handle objections and gain commitment to proceed
- Structure a sales call for maximum results
- Enhance the reputation of their organisation through the application of successful telephone techniques.
Essential Telephone Skills
Conveying enthusiasm and commitment
Using your voice as a business builder
Transmitting a 'can-do' attitude
Understanding What Motivates Customers To Buy
Viewing your product or service from the customer’s perspective
The six stages to selling with the customer in mind
Adapting your style to meet the customer’s needs
Controlling An Inbound Call
Asking questions to understand your customer
Seeing the sale from the customer’s perspective
Understanding what gets in the way of communication
Making An Outbound Call
Planning and preparing to succeed
Structuring the call to gain attention and meet your objectives
Making the most of switchboards, assistants and voicemail
Managing The Sale
Selling benefits - putting features and advantages to good use
Handling objections and obstacles professionally
Gaining customer commitment
Staying Sharp On The Telephone
How to identify 'performance lag'
Keeping yourself motivated
Managing your mind set
To talk through your requirements please contact:
T: 01789 734300