How To Create And Implement An Effective Sales Strategy
In-Company Course Overview
A practical, one day programme that will give sales professionals all the tools required to put together an effective, high impact sales strategy that delivers real business benefit.
Who Should Attend
Sales Directors, Sales managers, General Managers and senior sales people who need to put together an effective sales strategy.
After attending this course, participants will have the ability to:
- Distinguish between a sales strategy, a business plan and a budget.
- Understand how to identify the major change drivers affecting their market sector.
- Define their sources of competitive advantage.
- Build a data map to inform strategy design.
- Complete a market landscape.
- Set Stretching objectives (whilst maintaining a sense of realism)
- Use the lessons of cause and effect between effective sales activities and targeted results.
- Pull it together into a coherent and effective plan.
Defining The Requirement
Understanding what a sales strategy is (and isn’t)
Setting the correct parameters
Identifying the required inputs
The Use of Data
What are the critical data sales sets?
What to look for in the data
The effective use of research
What analysis can and can’t do
Scoping The Landscape
Indentifying change drivers
Understanding competitive forces
The Creative Dimension
The requirement for innovation
Looking for new ways of working
Sizing the sales opportunities
Building an innovation pipeline
Operationalising The Sales Strategy
Building effective sales targets
Introducing new ways of working
Turing the strategy into individual action plans
The Human Side Of Sales Strategy
Motivating sales people to engage in the process
Top down or bottom up?
Creating ownership for delivery
Building effective review mechanisms
Sales Strategy In Context
Integrating with other functional strategies
Indentifying the interdependencies
Building synergies into the plan
Pulling It All Together
The minimum content for maximum impact
Communicating it effectively
Making it a living sales process
Making it an on-going not annual process
To see how this sales training course could help develop your telephone sales and relationship building skills or to talk through your requirements, including tailoring this course to suit your exact needs, please contact:
T: 01789 734300